Clinics & Services
We are actively engaged in health, education and disease prevention and we are always happy to discuss this with you. In particular, we can arrange the following clinics by appointment:
Annual Birthday Medical Review Clinic
- Our Birthday Review Clinics include the monitoring of Asthma, COPD, CHD, Dementia, Diabetes, Heart Failure, Hypertension and Stroke/TIA.
Annual Medication and Condition Monitoring Clinic
- This clinic includes those patients that have been diagnosed with hypertension, hypothyroidism, pre-diabetes, gestational diabetes, and those that are on certain medications.
- Our Asthma Nurse will help and advise patients who suffer from this complaint. Asthma is also covered as part of the Annual Birthday Medical Review Clinic.
- We are able to advise and provide a full range of contraceptive care (except condoms) including post-coital contraception.
- One of the doctors and a practice nurse run regular clinics to monitor and advise our diabetic patients. Diabetes is also covered as part of the Annual Birthday Medical Review Clinic.
- We run a series of sessions for the annual flu vaccination programme as well as vaccinations for pneumonia, shingles and others.
- Minor surgery procedures can be carried out at the surgery under local anaesthetic.
- New patients are asked to make an appointment to see one of the practice health care assistants (HCA) when registering, so that all important health details can be recorded, thereby assisting the doctor, before your notes are forwarded from your previous GP. The HCA will also check your blood pressure, weight, height and urine and give general advice should it be needed.
- Baby Clinic, Cervical Smear, Hypertension and CHD (which is also covered as part of the Annual Birthday Medical Review Clinic).